10/12/08

Michael Jordan-"The Basket Ball LEGEND"

Michael Jordan was born on the 17th of February, 1963 as "Michael Jeffrey Jordan". Michael Jordan was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. Jordan attended Emsley A. Laney High School in Wilmington, North Carolina. His athletic abilities were noticed early, with exceptional talent in football, basketball and baseball.


While attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Michael Jordan became the school's star basketball player. Jordan was named Player of the Year in both 1983 and 1984 by The Sporting News. Michael Jordan was drafted by the Chicago Bulls NBA Basketball team in 1984 and was warded the NBA Rookie of the Year for 84-85.

Michael Jordan became the star player of the Chicago Bulls basketball team, playing a major role in the six NBA Championships. He was also awarded MVP (Most Valuable Player) five times. Each time the Chicago Bulls reached the NBA finals with Jordan playing, he also won the Finals MVP award every time.















Jordan retired from Basketball in 1993. He then went on to briefly pursue a career as professional baseball player, playing for the Birmingham Barons, but never made it to major league baseball. He then came out of retirement from basketball, again joining the Chicago Bulls for several successful NBA seasons. After again retiring in 1999, he came out of retirement to play for the Washington Wizards basketball team, although age and injuries began to take a toll on the basketball star.



Michael Jordan has been one of the most sponsored and marketed sport people of all time. He has amassed a great fortune through lucrative sponsorship deals with major companies like Nike and Gatorade.

An unfortunate low in Michael Jordan's life was when his father was murdered in 1993. His dad was returning from the funeral of a friend and pulled over to get some sleep while driving the Lexus vehicle that Michael had brought for him. Two thieves murdered James Jordan before stealing the expensive Lexus car. They were later caught and brought to justice.










Jordon Quotes:

1.I don't care about numbers, man. I just want to win basketball games. I'm not going in there trying to be Lew Alcindor - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - one of the best players of all time. If I could do that it would be unbelievable but I'm not trying to do that.

2.I truly love the game of basketball. I truly love the game. I wouldn’t be playing if I didn’t love the game.

3.I viewed it as a business, but I always viewed it as a game. An opportunity to show my skills, my basketball skills, amongst the best in the world.

4.Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That’s truly about the game, and in some ways that’s about life too.











Video of Legend:


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to ask.

Does operating a well-established website like yours take a lot of work?
I'm completely new to blogging but I do write in my diary everyday. I'd like to start
a blog so I can share my own experience and thoughts online.
Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners.
Thankyou!
my web site: private krankenversicherung kosten im alter